Re: Linux vs NT...

>1. Microsoft generally has access to the best minds in the world. Not only
>do coders know they will likely become rich (NT building has among the
>highest paid employees at MS) but they know there code and ideas will be
>far-reaching.  So there's a higher probablity that the best code from the
>best minds will work come from Microsoft.

I disagree, the smartest mind dont work for someone.  They do it for the
passions sake, they dont worry about the money, its the thrill of the game
and they will win.   The other team (MS) will have all its players walk the
field if they miss one paycheck$.

>2. I could see where Linux would be typically developed in acadamic
settings, and often a learning platform for the uninitiated and
inexperienced.

I disagree and have to comment this is the stupidest thing I have read
lately, inexperienced!  "Merde" man lets see you put TS on a Linux box or
even operate a Linux OS in the simplest of ways.  Its hard but it works and
it "NEVER" crashes..ever.

>3. Microsoft has massive internal code reviews so how do these differ and
fall short of the peer reviews for Linux.  Coders at Microsoft have to be
directly accountable -- their livelyhood depends on it whereas Linux
developers can just walk away.

Bull, no pay MS employees walk away thats the way it is..

>4. Microsoft also produces mission critical code -- their livleyhood
depends on it

Oh, so that explains that BLUE SCREEN OF DEATH I SEE EACH DAY !  REBOOT,
REBOOT, REBOOT!

Where have you been http://www.markbrown.com/linux.htm

>3. I don't want a private trading platform.  I want a public one.  I want
to be compatible with the majority.  I want to know what the other 90% of
the world out there knows so that when they come to me I can answer there
questions or visa versa.  NT5 will do a perfectly good job of giving a safe,
secure netowrkable environment.  I want customer support. I want
compatiblity.  I want upgrades that I don't have to worry about.  With Linux
who decides when a new version is coming out.  I want quality standards set
by a company like MS not some ad hoc stuff thrown together by someone and
somebody that may not even care tomorrow about it.  If I'm a large company
then I want to use a product that not only is compatible with all other
offices but also I want accountability.  Linux isn't made by one company so
there's no accountability.  It's buyer beware because you're only solution
if something doesn't work is to hack it yourself!

Below is a primer for you to get an education on Linux vs NT..

After running one of the most "vicious" anti-Unix add campaigns....
Dell gives in to Linux due to pressure from their customers!!

http://www.zdnet.com/zdnn/stories/zdnn_smgraph_display/0,3441,349454,00.html

Microsoft Windows NT 5.0 vs. Red Hat Linux 5.1

http://www.builder.com/Servers/RexTech/092198/?st.cn.fd.gen.bl

Open OS Provides Flexible, Stable Computing Platform Linux Environment
Offers Endless Possibilities

http://207.240.177.145/crwbus/215/215busin029.asp

http://www.zdnet.com/zdnn/stories/zdnn_smgraph_display/0,3441,2125687,00.htm

http://zork.net/fed-up.html

http://www.lantimes.com/98/98aug/808b001a.html?st.ne.fd.mnaw

http://www.corelcomputer.com/products/index.htm

http://www.zdnet.com/anchordesk/story/story_2587.html

http://www.linuxtoday.com/

Comments from experienced list members could benefit all interested parties.