From: Mark Brown <markbrown@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: Sean M. Davis <sdavis@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>; product.quality
<product.quality@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>; Mitch Ackles
<mitch.ackles@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>; Melody Blais
<Melody.Blais@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>; John Sweeney S&C <JSweeney@xxxxxxxxxxx>;
janette.perez@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx <janette.perez@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>;
documentation <documentation@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>; Bill Cruz
<OfficeOfThePresident@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>; "Neal T. Weintraub"
<thevindicator@xxxxxxxxxxx>; omega-list@xxxxxxxxxx <omega-list@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thursday, October 01, 1998 7:42 PM
Subject: Re: TradeStation Delays 5.0

TOLD YOU SO !   This only means that the server they had is out the window
and they must have broke down and secured a third party one, because they
are incapable of doing one themselves!  WoW I'm starting to look like a real
Bill Cruz technician, plotting and predicting his every move.  Looks like
Bill saw the new MetaStock and looked at the TradeLab Web Site
http://www.sciapp.com and decided he couldn't sell a program that cost at
least 3 times as much that couldn't even do a projection on the screen!
Bill Cruz must have a MetaStock right now tore apart seeing how they handle
projections, and I can hear the whip cracking above the bowed heads of the
minimum wage paid programmers as I write this.  Bill I suggest you quit
running the ads for TS that show the system using the trailing stops trick
or you could wind up in an out of court settlement again..

PS Bill who will you get next to defend Omega?  will Melody be back or will
Mitch or Janette come out of retirement?  Hey missed you at Futures West see
ya at the next board meeting OK?  I'll bring my checkbook I need a write off
for all the shorts profit I've been making..  Mark (your pal) Brown

Janette Perez Wrote:

The promise of TradeStation Year 2000 patches early second quarter 1998
I would like to again confirm that we will be releasing later this year, on
our web site, a TradeStation 4.0 and SuperCharts 4.0 free update (patch) to
address the year 2000 issue. Due to time constraints relating to the
development of TradeStation 5.0, SuperCharts 5.0, and OptionStation 5.0, we
will be releasing the year 2000 patch after the release of the 5.0 products.

The promise of satisfaction with concern to Security Devices Omega Research
understands the many concerns surrounding the year 2000 compliance, so I
would like to take this opportunity to clarify our position. We will be
posting, in the months to come, a free patch (16 bit) for download from our
website for both TradeStation 4.0 and SuperCharts 4.0 users. If you choose
not to upgrade, this patch will afford you the opportunity to continue to
work with award-winning 16 bit products. If you choose to upgrade, there
will be a competitive pricing structure based on a sliding scale. I do not
have the exact release date, other than it will be towards the end of the
second quarter. Thank you, Janette Perez Corporate Relations Director

Mitch Ackles Wrote:

Hi Mark, We are still in Alpha for TS 5.0, and you will be happy to know
that there are several people focused on our Symbol Universe. When 5.0
finally goes beta, you are on the list for the first shipment. I am very
interested in getting your impression of the new version. Your critique
should help us improve it for all users. If you have any suggestions or
errors to report regarding the existing symbol universe, you can email them
to me, and I will forward them for correction.
Thank you for your continued support.
Best regards,
Mitch Ackles
Product Management
Omega Research

>>The delay of TS 5.0 to the first quarter of 1999 casts serious doubt on
even the slim chance of a timely  4.0 or 3.5 patch.

>>PS Even Pierre will have a hard time putting a positive spin on this.

Pierre Wrote:

TS5 is now close to completion, and I know that the TS4 patch will come
after.So, I'll give you a deadline. If nothing occurs in this sense  before
990331, I 'll join your team and will personally be involved in the TS4
patch battle (or maybe a diplomatic battle that I prefer, and find more
efficient) Do not forget to recall this to me right in time if the case
apply .

Welcome aboard Pierre, I have only limited positions available on the BASH
TEAM, you wont mind working up the corporate ladder will you?

VaporStation  http://www.markbrown.com/vs.htm

Omega (bash) Truth Site  http://www.markbrown.com/bash.htm

Mark Brown  TradeLab for the Serious Trader http://www.sciapp.com
BTW, you might want to ask yourself how far the fraud goes. Can you tell
me how Tradestation\DTN wins the award from TASC for best institutional
trading software when it wasn't even available at the time of the survey?
You couldn't even buy\lease it from DTN. I tried! Advertising revenue can
work wonders! Charles Kaucher to John Sweeney     circa 1997 - 199?

be sure to register as a Pollution Provider so you too can avoid paying the
TS 5.0 VaporStation upgrade!!!
just email o'le Mitch and request that you become one just that easy
mitch.ackles@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx