Re: TS5 Press Release: Did we miss something?

On Thu, 1 Oct 1998, Neal T. Weintraub wrote:

> Why can't Omega lower their price. Hardware and software are crashing and
> yet these high prices exist? My goodness for the price of TS and OS you can
> buy a new lap top and load it up with all the software you will ever need to
> trade. Or am I wrong?

1) To play the role of devil's advocate, Omega has to charge high prices
because their product has a comparitively small customer base which
purchases upgrades fairly infrequently.

2) Because they can.

- Hacker

 ---
Dark Hacker            | Fortress Of Computation
hacker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx | http://www.computation.com/pub/hacker/

Investment and Market Outlook:
        http://www.computation.com/pub/hacker/Investment/index.html
Bishop Protein Analytics:
        http://www.computation.com/pub/hacker/Bishop/index.html

       "Building our future... one twisted freak at a time."