Re: Where to find rare data?

Yuri K wrote:

> What happened? What's the rush?...It helps to watch this tape BS for a
> while, before jumping to the phone. It can be very profitable if you are
> patient.

Yuri:

This is great advice, and it should be written down and applied whenever you
read about a new technique, or buy a book or a piece of trading software [or
read a half-baked idea by someone like me on a forum like this!]. Whenever I
find what I think will be a tool I can add to my trading repertoire, I try to
watch it through several profitable periods, and more important, I DO wait until
I have watched it during a period of poor performance. I feel you can't know how
to use a tool properly until you know its strengths and weakness. And no one can
tell you enough about those strengths and weaknesses--It really makes a
difference if you experience them for your self.

We're all in a tremendous rush to trade every squiggle and we all fee3l terrible
if we miss just a tiny bit of a trend. But there are many markets to trade and
they'll be here trading long after we're all gone.

Let's see...a famous guru once told me: 'Well begun is half done...'

Best,

Tim Morge