Re: Re : Systems Criteria

Hi Pierre,

If I understand what you are saying, you would prefer a system that has
many very small losers and a few large
winners. Certainly there is nothing wrong with that.

Please consider however that such an outline is not
normally the "modus operandi" of the short-term trader.

Our ideas on long term trading are not dissimilar.
Please note that we are talking MAXIMUM dd and not DD.
for example, this means for every 20,000 earned you have risked less
than 5,000 under the *worst* possible system
scenario. Mind you I am not talking TS max dd, but real
time max dd. I do agree that you would probably have to
times the TS max dd by 3 to approach the real max dd the
system may encounter.

I am not sure what you are trading, but I have never seen *any* system
that could trade profitably with a
winning percentage of less than 35%. It *may* be possible, but you would
have to have the psycholgical
temperament of a rock, and the patience and discipline
of a god. <g>

And you had better *never* miss a signal.... <g>

Walt