Re: Level II, MM

Agreed.  But a marketmaker with order flow is a formidable force
indeed.  In fact, my definition of marketmaker absolutely includes
access to order flow.  They are generally hedged within a range, and
they have capital, and they can literally fix the prices under certain
circumstances.  It takes more than an level 2 and good intentions to
enter that ring with a fighting chance -- IF we're talking about
daytrading.  If you want to position trade with a level 2, and you're
not depending on the fractions to survive, then a level two can be
quite entertaining and informative.

A level II by itself might be likened to a pair of binoculars on a
battlefield.  The trading account, a bayonette (or better, depending
on size).  The marketmakers have tanks, machine guns, night vision,
and are a large, fairly synchronized army.

The only way to win that war is with extreme character (ie some
measure or combination of cleverness, discipline, etc.) and/or Divine
intervention.  It certainly doesn't pay to let one's self be deluded
about the chances for survival under such circumstances apart from
those two additional qualifications.

Best,

CW