Re: Indicator (Take II)

John,

Yes, it is worth your time.  But why bother with the ADX?  Why not
adaptively change the length of the indicator itself to account for trending
periods and variations in the durations of up-down cycles?

I'll post some more info on how to do this sort of thing...

For now:  Here's the smoother alternative you, Robert, and Lynn requested:

Input:  Price(TypicalPrice), LRSLen(14), AvgLen(10);

Plot1(LinearRegSlope(Average(Price,AvgLen),LRSLen), "Ham Hock");

Again, vary the lengths as desired to achieve your preferred trade-off
between response and smoothness.  Or, better yet, develop a formula for the
lengths that causes them to adapt dynamically to the price action.

All the best,

The Omega Man

Hammin' it up.