Re: FW: Bonneville Bad date stamp

  • To: Melody Blais <omega-list@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: FW: Bonneville Bad date stamp
  • From: Michael Guess <mjg@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 26 Aug 1998 15:32:27 -0400 (EDT)

At 10:16 AM 8/26/98 -0400, Melody Blais wrote:

>BMI (Bonneville) broadcasted a bad date stamp
>

>This may result in the inability to bring up charts, invalid error
>messages and expired password messages (even if using a good forever
>password). Please follow the instructions below to correct the problem.
>

>To fix a bad date stamp:
>Melody A. Blais
>Omega Research, Inc.
>Customer Support Supervisor

Melody,

I posted a help plea this morning after the date stamp disaster. I expected
a reply from anyone on the Omega List/RealTraders forum, but not a phone
call from Omega Support less than 30 minutes after I posted it! Sami (a
fantasticly patient guy) already knew what my problem was because you
apparently saw my plea & passed it along to him asap. We spent nearly 4 hrs
untangling things. Everything's running fine now. Tonite I'll DL today's
missed data from your site (Sami said not to worry about the date stamp
problem on your end). Tomorrow I'll be ready to trade.

A big thank you to you both. I realize many Omega users have been pretty
chapped about slow response time (I found out your phone system crashed
today due to so many people trying to get thru), myself included. If today
is any indication, it looks like Omega's turning over a new leaf. I applaud
that. Now, if we could only get closure on this Y2K thing for 4.0 users...

Michael Guess