Syndroms...

Dans un courrier daté du 25/08/98 18:39:43  , Earl Adamy écrit :
[-was DTN and TradeStation]

<<
 Gee, TS5 sounds like a truly efficient real-time program!! I run DTN Real-
time
 and 16bit version of Ensign on a 128mb P133 collecting everything
 (futures/stocks/indexes/etc) except options and NASDAQ and running a number
of
 custom scripts in addition to standard tools. NT Task manager shows it uses
 15-20% of CPU and under 15meg of memory _including_ the NTVDM 16bit virtual
 machine. I have the new 32 bit version (beta) here - haven't loaded it but
I'm
 told it consumes considerably fewer resources.

 Earl

When you want to do misinformation, it's very easy: compare what is not
comparable, and let the reader draw the obvious conclusion.

For our new readers, they may know that:

Earl Adamy never used a TradeStation version , and in any case has no
information by himself on TradeStation4 (16 bits), as well as for TradeStation
5 (32 bits), currently beta testing (you need to own TS4 to beta test TS5).

He currently uses an old Supercharts version (if I remember) and worry about
the year 2000 compatibility of this high level programming software (due to
the one line allowed in the current SC Quick Editor).

He eagerly waits the TradeLab availbility because he hates the Omega software
that he does not own.
Knowing that a replacement solution could exist in the future is more
comfortable in this case (otherwise will look like a dummie, what he is not).

He is watching this list to add some oil to the fire when he can.
So, to spend his time, and when a chance occurs, he never miss to post a
bashing message on Omega-List.

And what is the added  positive value from this kind of post ?
None, of course, as it's the opposite to his target.
Who could receive any help from this thread ? Nobody.

Unfortunately, he is not alone here in this case.

Most of the Omega bashers here (a few, but verbose as twenty could be) are
generally good programmers (Earl is one, if I trust him), and they suffer of a
double syndrom:

First, they are traders ,and earning money or even a lot of money, or
expecting to - can yield to some  abnormal hypertrophy of their ego.

Second, they are programmers.
A programmer has the creating power because with a compiler he can make
anything he wants able to run on a machine.
A programmer creates something from nothing, so he becomes something like God.
God is above all thing, so is the programmer facing to his computer and to
others creatures on it.

Unfortunately, computerized monotheism is not possible with the advent of
personal computers, and the wide availability of various software (among them
TradeStation) yields to a multiplication of those godness people.
This may explain why they have no limit to sharpen their words, advices
(mainly destructive) toward the competitors
The Internet is now the modern location of preaching, praying and fighting,
and the same old discurse that was valid during the Torquemada era and others
remains intact.
I stop he comparison here, so it's enough to explain its obviousness.

The cost of freedom of speech  for us is sometimes too high, but better than
nothing.
Unfortunately.

-Pierre Orphelin

Visit our TradeStaton neurofuzzy  logic web church at
http://www.sirtrade.com
And download a free 32  holy bits edition of our Sacred neurofuzzy logic  Holy
Grail Software.