RE: EZ FOOD for Locals - Close Stops ?

TomKochik@xxxxxxx wrote:
> And also if you could give your opinion on the following matter:
>
> I have paper traded the S&P500 for a while and always put my Stop just 1 Tick
> below the last bar's low. Assumimg that it works on paper, is there a danger
> that in real-life trading when my  Stop that would be placed (just like I used
> to do paper trading )
> 1 Tick below the last bar's low and sitting out there for a while, so that
> virtually everybody can see it - is it possible and reasonable to say that
> someone could just grab it from me ( simple take it , buy it at my Stop price,
> puting me out of tjhe market that way, even though just a minute later the
> market would start picking up the way I thought It would when entering the
> trade ?????
>
> The bottom line > Would there be a big difference between (paper trading and
> Life trading ) when putting my Stop order close to the  current price ??
>
> Are the orders (like Stops etc.) sitting out there , very close to the trading
> range,
> EZ food for the locals to grab ??
>

> Thanks for any comments and help .

The floor broker holding your stop order can't disclose his order.
There's really no way for anyone to "Grab" it. And when the stop is
elected, it just as likely the other side of your trade is another
customer order as a local trader.

Everyone, including yourself assumes there are stops below what has been
a support level.

Kevin