Re: Justice

At 12:22 PM 7/12/98 +1000, David Hunt wrote:
>Isn't that just the point.  Most CTAs would never sell their systems - they
>are too busy trading them.  So what is the point of making systems sellers
>CTAs?  There is a conflict between the two which no one seems to have
>picked up.  Believe it or not there are people out there who do not want to
>create their own systems (or can not) and simply want something that takes
>their own responsibility away or at least makes an objective consistent
>decision..
>
>There simply needs to be a separate category for Systems Developers and
>Sellers that does not have the same capitalization and audit requirements
>etc of a CTA who actually handles peoples money.  Wouldn't that be a
>smarter idea than putting someone into the wrong box?

David;

Your right about that in my opinion. The problem is the truth is not being
disclosed in most cases with theses system sellers. The NFA and CFTC are
not preventing this but instead punishing after the fact. The risk
disclosure theses agencies use is useless, kin da like ride at your on risk
signs on a roller coaster ride. It would not be hard for them to set
standards that needed to be passed before the seller could offered it to
the public. Like the TV ad that says you can make $35,000 from a $3,000
investment IF properly positioned in the Japanese yen. Thats such BS yet
its on everyday and people are losing money everyday because of it, where's
the CFTC on this maybe their trying to get properly positioned. But if you
look real fast you will see a small lettered risk disclosure flashed on the
TV screen on theses ads so there protecting the public, its bull. CFTC and
NFA know this there not idiots but yet it continues, maybe money is being
properly positioned to them as well.
Everything changes yet stays the same money rules in high places and it not
going to change ever.

Robert