Re: EOD data service

I used Primate for 15 months and give it a mixed reviews.  My biggest
issues with data integrity.  I was downloading stock and option data
on just under 2000 stocks.  I wrote a custom C program to scan
through the data and look for unusual situations.  About once a week
I found a problem.  In addition, stocks splits were all done by hand, and
the "email" they send out every couple of weeks was not a complete
list of splits.  Finally for option pricing, they would only send out quotes
if the options that traded that day.  It took a fair bit of work to keep the
data relatively clean, and I always had to verify potential trade situations
against another source to make sure I had not missed something. In all
fairness, I  don't know how this cleanliness problem compares to other data
sources.  They may be just as bad.

The problem listed below about finding other "portfolios" is not really
an issue.  Run the scan once and then walk down tell the software to
ignore all the portfolios that you don't want primate to update.  A
positive is the ability to move data from one format to another easily.
A another positive is that they use a 1-800 number so I could download
on the road without a toll charge to my ISP.

== Rob ==