Re: TL_FW: Signal ROS Version 75.00

tim wrote:
>Ok, what DOES UMDS give me?

What do you want?  System development? TradeLab (in a few months) and DT
Pro (whenever...probably few more months according to some sources)
Options Analysis? Bay Options, Austin Options, etc. I guess that the point
is that UMDS has more of an an open architecture than Omega server.  Omega
server and TS 5?  Who knows? No ones talking and it's all vaporware to me.
At least the non-Omega vendors are communicating with their customers,
something Omega should try to emulate.

>But say the turn of the year, this coming January is here, and I don't have a
>year 2000 fix on my TS version...What can I do? Do you mean try TradeLab?
I have
>no intention of becoming a programmer to support my trendline drawings. Is
>Tradelab going to be 'idiot-proof' enough for me?

Yes. And yes, it probably will be as idiot-proof as TS in time.  I suspect
that there will be a LOT of VB code sharing among TL users.  According to
Bob B., VB is no harder to learn than EL, so the VB learning curve should
not be too steep.  My meager VB experience suggests that that is true.

>Or have you got another idea?

Paper bags and CNBC every 1 minute...worst case scenario <g>  I think once
developers lock into the UMDS, a whole new 32 bit world of trading apps
will open up in less than a year...more than enough time to avoid the
"paper bags".  The lure of NOT dicking around with Omega will be very
appealing.

-Tony Haas