Re: Is Anybody using the ENSUN SOftware to trade Futures ??

> Earl, the only thing I can ask is.... "What's the Down-Side here?"

Server: tick data storage is limited to 2000 ticks per symbol so one is limited
in constructing new charts, however existing intraday charts are updated
automatically to limit of 2000 bars. Also not robust enough to recover quickly
enough from a crash to continue trading (neither is Omega's). Only really solid
server for which I've seen the specs is the forthcoming UMDS version 3 which
will run as an NT service, collect everything, and backs itself up every minute.

Indicators: limited to about a dozen however I don't rely on indicators for
trading - my S&P day trading is all done with drawing tools some custom calcs
based upon market internals.

Language: ESPL is a very powerful programming language, however it is lower
level i.e. many basic trading functions must be hand coded. I've been able to do
everything I've needed to do, however I'm experienced in programming.

Convenience: I continue to use SC for my EOD work because SC has many
convenience features not found in Ensign.

Performance: While a 16-bit Windows product (32-bit under development), it was
very well behaved on my 32 meg (since upgraded to 128meg) Pentium 133 running
NT4, did not crash, and required a nominal 10-15% of CPU cycles and 6-8meg of
memory - very much unlike my SC4 (also TS4) which wants everything it can get.

In summary, it is a solid product, well supported, requiring minimal investment
which performs all of the functions I require for real-time trading. I would
highly recommend Ensign/DTN to anyone new to day trading who wants to see if
they can cut the mustard before making a major investment. I would also
recommend it to anyone wanting to evaluate the forthcoming crop of 32-bit
trading software before making a major investment.

Earl