Re: Larry Williams second Income?

A.J. Carisse wrote:

> I think that it's great that Larry Williams is on this list.  While I'm only
> vaguely familiar with his work, he is one of the most renowned TA guys in the
> business, however one may feel about his business practices.

A.J....

It's his business practices that are the key here. If Larry Williams can make a
bazillion dollars trading his own money, good for him, more power to him. If he
wishes to hold himself up to the public as a money manager and maintain an
ongoing public track record and accept public funds, good for him and those
investors that choose to place their money with him. I have no problems with
either of those things.

But the hype and hoopla that he and others like him are using these days to sell
JUNK to people that don't know any better disgust me. And since I am a
professional trader, I feel that he is soiling my own back yard. And I don't
like it.

You think it's great that Larry Williams came on this list to post a weak
response defending himself? Wouldn't you feel better if Larry had actually spent
the time to write some responses to technical or trading questions that people
have posted here over the years? Wouldn't you feel great if Larry had spent one
tenth the time being as helpful on this list as some true professionals, like
Mark Jurik, Walt Downs, John Sweeney [there are many more...excuse me if I stop
there]?

I have no issue with Larry as a trader. I think he should take a look at the
marketing techniques that are being employed these days to hype trading
materials and then look in the mirror. Trading is a wonderful profession. It's
difficult enough to succeed without people giving you your first lesson the hard
way. Why would Larry and a few other traders with real talent want to be
mentioned in the same breath as Wade Cook, Ken whats-his-name and the rest of
the sham artists?

Again, I say to ANY of you that truly make a living in the trading business...My
father taught his children to always give something back to those that help you.
Trading has clothed me, fed me and given me the nice life I enjoy with my
family. Many people have helped me learn many things over the years. Some
lessons were free, some were inexpensive and some were extremely painful. I do
my best to help others in this business when I can. I hope you all see the merit
in giving back, and when you can, practice it.

Best,

Tim Morge

[I got nothing to sell...]