Re: TS 4.0 for sale

At 04:57 PM 6/25/98 -0600, Earl Adamy wrote:
>Virtually all software license agreements convey right to use rather than
>ownership so Omega's license is not unusual in that respect. Virtually all
>software license agreements convey the right to transfer the license
subject to
>certain reasonable conditions i.e. remove software from system, transfer
>everything, notice to software company. Omega is highly unusual in
prohibiting
>such transfers ... however the policy is very much in keeping with Omega's
>general attitude toward their customers.
>
>Because Omega's terms are so unique, Omega should clearly state this
prohibition
>on the outside of the packaging in a typeface which will insure the
customer can
>not miss it. Had I been trapped in this $2500+ scam, I would bring the
matter to
>the attention of the Federal Trade Commission!

Screw Omega I have an attorney as well and if I choice to sell it I will.
If they wanted to keep ownership rights then they should lease it like
everybody else to keep ownership rights. You can put anything in writing
and it doesn't mean its legal anybody ever heard of them enforcing this B.S.

Robert