Re: Integrating LEO WEB with TS

Gerald Marisch wrote:

> Anyone want to comment, try, advise, etc. if there is a way to integrate
> proprietary studies' codes I have automated  into TS  4.0 with Leo Web?
>
> Is there an "add on" *.ela that can be written?
>
> How exstensive a "programming" project is this?
>
> Would it have to come from Omega?
>
> If somebody can "write" this, what is the hourly rate?
>
> Omega, if you are accessing this "chat room", is there any interest on your
> part?

Gerald,

This is already in the works but it will require TS5.  To get a little
technical, LeoWeb exposes enough of itself as a COM object that an
external program could pass the necessary information (ie acct. no.,
b/s, qty, symbol, order type, etc) to LeoWeb and LeoWeb will return with
either the order confirmation number or an error code to indicate why
the order couldn't be placed.  LFG is working on getting all of this
done as we speak.  They are trying to get the fills back via the COM
object also.   Once this is done, it will be a walk in the park to have
TS5 generate a buy/sell signal and place the order via LeoWeb (as scary
as that might sound).

Once TS5 is released I think you will see a ton of new third party
applications that do things that are not being done today.  I know that
there are online vendors that are currently working on providing the
charting, the quotes, the portfolio management and order entry all from
one package.

You are about 6 months ahead of the technology, but isn't that always
the case.

Mark Byrd
(972) 699-7788
Richardson, Texas