System results changing at reboot?

I'm fairly sure I remember this being discussed before, but
I can't find previous references and I don't remember what the
solution (if any) was.  I believe the example that was described
before was an over-a-weekend case, which isn't what I'm seeing.

I'm following a system in realtime.  Yesterday it ended a long
position with a reversal, selling into a short position.
Last night I rebooted my system.  When I restarted Tradestation,
surprise!  The reversal sell turned into a simple exit with
no current short position.

In other words, the results that the system shows on historical
data (yesterday) are different than what it showed me in realtime.

Obviously this is a serious concern if you trust backtested systems.
If the realtime behavior is different than the backtested behavior....

Is this an insidious TS bug, or what?  Is there some way I can avoid it??

Thanks,
Gary