Solicitation for business on Internet

>>Dear Jim:
>>You seem to be an intelligent fellow who must have noticed that
>>his list had been hopelessly overrun by barbarians in both
>>content and form.

The list needs people like Andy,  JMB traderguy ,  Visavis   et al  to keep
the bad barbarians at the gate.  I dont think JIm  can/ will  be an objective
policeman. Its the list members job.

Below are copies of reponses from two years ago to the Omega List , when I
counted three  system sellers in one week ;  each with atleast two postings
every day.
That time it was Dennis Meyers who took care of them.
His responses are enclosed below. Check the date, and the sytem vendors.

I hope this thread is closed . The vendors  have taken note that there are
no more sacrificial lambs .

>>From: Dennis Meyers <meyersx@xxxxxxx>
>>Date: Fri, 31 May 1996 02:33:19 -0700 (PDT)
>>Subject: Re: new system:SP4

>>Hey Jack Weinberg,

>>This forum is not for hawking your worthless system.  I get enough junk mail
>>trying to sell me something, without having to pay  ISP costs so I can
>>receive junk mail by modem.

>>Why do I call your system worthless without even knowing what it does? I
>>call it worthless because it's probably just another curve fitted
>>system...whoops I mean optimized to enhance performance to the n-th
>>degree.
>>As most of us hopefully know by now, any system that has not been tested on
>>a large sample of out-of-sample data is virtually worthless and potentially
>>a net worth terminator.

>>For those who are in doubt.. I have this bridge that crosses the Chicago
>>river I'd like to sell you.
>>From: Dennis Meyers <meyersx@xxxxxxx>
>>Date: Fri, 31 May 1996 02:35:16 -0700 (PDT)
>>Subject: Re: Bullseye Tells the Truth

>>At 05:11 AM 5/30/96 -0700, Bull wrote:
>>       They just keep coming. Another great day for the Bullseye Indicators
>>for TradeStation. We had breakouts all over the place and Bullseye caught
>>every one! Whether you're a S&P, currency, or bond trader, Bullseye will
>>pull in the winning trades for you.

-Boy there must be a full moon out or something..the system sellers are out
-in force today!

-HEY JIM..if your system is This good why on earth sell it?  Make YOURSELF a
-fortune and stop cluttering the omega-list with your worthless hype.

-BTW, I think your statements are in violation of CFTC regulations regarding
-system advertising claims.  As a favor to you, I'll send a copy of your hype
-to them and see what they say.
-Dennis Meyers

Bye now.
Frank Ashok