Re: Attention Rocket Scientists

Let me begin by stating that I'm no rocket scientist or math wiz and can't help
you with ArcTangent. I don't use linear regression in EL, however I use it
extensively in VB based trading systems (together with origin) to plot linear
regression lines and channels and to extend them:

 Origin = raw Begin point (often out of data area)
 Origin + (bars to data area * slope) = Chart Begin Point
 Chart Begin Point + (bars * slope) = Chart End Point

As you can imagine, LR line plots can also be compared to price to see if a
channel or line has been violated.

Earl