A Mystery

I am working on some code which appears to be working 99% of the time - but
on at least one particular trade it does not work.  If anyone has any
possible explanations I'd sure be interested.

If MP<>MP[1] and MP[1]<>0 then begin
       Print(Date," ","Lets go!"," ",Date[1]," ",EntryDate(1),"
",getsymbolname);
       FileAppend( "d:\data\xtra\values4.txt",
       numtostr(Date[1],0)+","+
       numtostr(EntryDate(1),0)+","+
       getsymbolname +","+newline);
  end;

What I am attempting to get working is FileAppend.  For the purpose of
debugging I have simplified it to code shown above.  MP is variable for
showing MarketPosition of the bar.  In order to verify that my if conditions
are working I inserted a Print statement to write information to the
Printlog.  For the trade which I can't get to work the Print statement works
but the FileAppend statement does not.  Any ideas?