The John Cappello Affair

Hi Group

           I hate to see the tone this whole thing has taken.   It has become
personal challenge and flame mail.  Certainly to me inappropriate.   But I do
want to make a general comment, which in the end is one person's opinion.

            I think this list, as well the SPDT list, which many of us belong
to are here to exchange ideas's about trading and in the case of the Omega
list, use of omega's products.

             The problem to me comes when someone posts "system results"
without sharing the system.   If the want an opinion, its meaningless to me to
not know how the system generated the results.  It certainly doesn't
constitute a sharing of idea's  because no one can do anything with it.  As
such I could care less and it becomes junk mail.   Same thing with posting a
signal of some "system" everyday.  If I don't understand whats behind it, it
again becomes noise.  On the other hand this kind of thing is probably of
interest to a small group of people.   Why not then if you have this kind of
thing,  post the fact and ask who is interested to E-Mail you.  Take it
private and then everyone is happy.  I think what stirred up the heat on this
is the fact that John although well intentioned decided he was going to post
what he wanted under the guise of free speech.  The concept is good, but not
wise if your audience doesn't want to hear it.  I think consideration on both
sides of the issue is warranted, and that we can be civil to one another.

                                      Pete