Re: Print to File Question

Yes it is possible to do this.  You use the GetSymbolname and concatenate
the path name.  As I have explained in previous issues of TS Express, you
must be sure the symbol exists in the DialData DataManager (this is true of
CSI and Metastock data).  ASCII data symbols do not have to exist in the
DataManager.  In the next issue of TS Express, I will be providing a user
function that does this automatically.  In addition it strips out any
illegal DOS characters that are sometimes used in symbol names.  Those might
include spaces, periods, or slashes.  Then you can use this function with
your system or indicator and run the ChartScanner and print results to
different .TXT files identified by the symbol name, all done automatically.

At 12:36 PM 5/21/98 -0700, you wrote:
>As far as I can determine, it is not possible to print a file from an indicator
>using the "Print-File" statement and have the symbol of the stock or future
>included in the text file.
>Is this correct.
>It is easy to hard code in the name of the stock, but to automatically have the
>symbol included from whatever symbol you place in the window, that is the
>question.  It would seem that the "GetSymbol" function should work here, but I
>have not been able to get it to work.
>Does anyone have something that works?
>Neal

Best Regards,
William Brower
Publisher of TS Express
The Journal for Informed Users of TradeStation
Free Sample Available (Send Mail Address)
Email: 1000mileman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Web: http://www.insideedgesystems.com
Tel: 203-454-2754 Fax: 203-221-9195