Re: data Transfer to new computer

Several people have recommended the DriveCopy approach, but I don't think this
is appropriate in this case.  DriveCopy is used to create an identical disk for
the same compuer.  Another computer is most likely to have different hardware
(video, sound, etc) and copying the Win 95 registry to another computer will
likely screw things up.

I recently did much the same thing - installed the OSR2 of Win95 on a clean
disk, keeping the previous disk inviolate.   I then put the "inviolate" disk in
as the second drive and copied the apps to the new disk - everything to its
previous logical drive.  I then copied each app's INI file.  Surprise !  Most
apps worked fine. (Many apps are not logged in the registry.)  This saved
scrounging up the disks for lots of little programs.

TradeStation of course needs to be installed since it uses the ODBC files under
\WINDOWS, which may contain info for other apps.  I would not monkey with those
files.

Incidentally, you can export the Registry to a data file,and import it into
Win95.  In case you want to try monkeying with that!

donc

<Subject:          Re: data Transfer to new computer
<   Date:          Wed, 20 May 1998 07:04:34 -0400
<   From:          Randall Kurzon <rkurzon@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
<     To:          CwWaring <CwWaring@xxxxxxx>
<     CC:          Omega-list <omega-list@xxxxxxxxxx>
<
<Charlie,
<
<I transferred the full contents of my old drive to my new one using a <program
called Drive Copy. Very easy to use, reliable, and economical. <Available at
most computer stores and mail order companies for about <$24.95 US.
<
<Regards, Randall
<