Re: SPDT SIGNAL-TRENDICATER S&P Daytrading System Update # 7 for Michael

At 08:09 PM 5/18/98 -0400, you wrote:
>Dear Michael,
>
>Since I see you have totally chewed up Michael Mermer I certainly would not
want to be on your bad side.

That's not what I did John. That was actually good behaviour and Michael
Mermer is a pro who has been in the business for a long long time and he's
selling an Omega product based trading system promoting it in the Omega
magazine and new traders here are buying it for big bucks. They say they are
trading up to 130 contracts with the thing through the brokers so it's big
business and questions are all fair game in trading and appropriate John,
part of the purpose of this list.

It really doesn't relate at all to any of the questions to you in this post.

>I guess you had your reasons for wanting to post your questions to the list.

Your posts go to the list so that's where my questions went. Maybe it would
be better if it was all private John.

>3.I am sharing it and not selling it.

Sharing what?  The signals, or the technical trading reasons for them? You
said it's proprietary and therefore likely will not be disclosed anyway so
what's the purpose?

>6.The colloberation should have been corroberation and what I meant was
back testing TRENDICATER vs SIGNAL for end of day showed TRENDICATER an
improvement.

Can you tell us the period over which it was backtested and how that
backtesting was done, if not by way of EL code which I think you said you
were not ready for?

>9.If any of my posts are unclear,I am always glad to clarify.

That's all I was seeking, specific clarification on what was going on
because I did not understand the posts and was asking what it meant and
where it was going and why it was posted here in the first place, the purpose.

>I am not perfect but I really do the best I can.

No reason to doubt that John.

>10.In another sense I am posting prognostications and allowing you to laugh
or applaud the results.I thought this too was a purpose of the trading lists.
snip
>I am just working on a system in a public forum because I find it mentally
stimulating and challenging....and it just may be of benefit to some people.

I guess that was to some extent what I was trying to say.  It would be of
some benefit to me if I understood more about what was going on, not just
prognostications to laugh or applaud the results which I can't anyway
because don't even understand what's going on. That's all.
regards,

Michael Paauwe
mpaauwe@xxxxxxxxxx