Omega Research - Good Friday / American Holiday List

Adding Good Friday to the American Holiday List

Friday, April 10, 1998 (Good Friday) is a relatively new exchange holiday, and
it is not listed in the Omega Research Server Holiday List. Therefore, unless
you add the holiday to the Holiday List, all exchanges that are closed on Good
Friday will broadcast the daily settlement prices from Thursday, April 9 again
on Friday, April 10. To ensure normal data collection, you need to add the
holiday to the American Holiday List.

This document explains:

A.  How to add the holiday to the Holiday List.
B.  What to do after the holiday if you did not add the holiday to the Holiday
List.
C.  Frequently asked questions about holidays in general.

A.  How to add the holiday to the Holiday List:

1.  In the Omega Research Server, use the Tools - Holiday Setup menu sequence.
2.  Highlight American Holidays.
3.  Click Edit List.
4.  Click Add Date.
5.  In the Date field, type 04/10/98.
6.  Type Good Friday in the Description field.
7.  Click OK.
8.  Click OK.
9.  Click Close.

Note: You must set up the holiday by Thursday, 4/9/98 11:59pm. If it is not, you
will need to perform Step B on the day after the holiday.

B. What to do after the holiday if you did not add the holiday to the Holiday

If you did not add the holiday to the Holiday List prior to the holiday, the
server will collect daily settlement prices for the holiday, which will simply
be a duplication of the previous day's settlement prices. Therefore, you will
need to delete the daily data for the holiday. To do so:

1.  In the Omega Research Server, use the File - Delete menu sequence.
2.  Remove the check next to Intraday.
3.  On the Daily line, set the Start Date to 04/10/98.
4.  On the Daily line, set the End Date to 04/10/98.
5.  Click Add by.
6.  Highlight all affected (domestic and most international) exchanges (Hold
down the CTRL key while clicking the exchanges).
7.  Click OK.
8.  Click OK.
9.  In the "Delete data?" dialog box, click Yes.

C.  Frequently asked questions about holidays in general:

Q:  Why is there a Holiday List?

A:  Our server is scheduled to collect daily data after the close of each market
on the days scheduled in the symbol/exchange universe. All of our compatible
data feeds will continue to send the previous business day's daily prices (also
known as refresh, settlement, or daily data) during the holiday. If a regularly
scheduled day is a holiday (or non-trading day) and the holiday is listed in the
Holiday List, the server will not collect this duplicate daily data. However, if
the holiday is not listed in the Holiday List, the server will collect the same
daily data two days in a row. Obviously, this will alter any technical analysis,
which is why it is necessary to either a) setup the holiday in advance or b)
delete the duplicated daily data after it has been collected.

Q:  What other problems can I expect on the day after the holiday?