Re: New TradeStation installation not recognizing the security block

  • To: omega-list@xxxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: New TradeStation installation not recognizing the security block
  • From: Ron Augustine <RonAug@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 4 Apr 1998 12:21:37 -0800

There are several things that can cause the problem.

1. Make sure that the Parallel Port is working-- try connecting a printer
and print something.

2. If the port is working, plug the Security Block into the port--
   Exit Win-95 to DOS by following:  Start/ Shut Down/ Restart in MS-DOS

3. Assuming TS is in the OMEGA directory on your C: Drive --
   Type: C:\OMEGA\PROG\DRIVERS\NT\SSIACT

4. The results will tell you whether or not the Block is being recognized.
If you receive "ACTIVATOR nor found", you may need to have some
troubleshooting done on the Port, or install a second Parallel Port and run
the tests again.

5. If the SSIACT program gives you some output like SET SSI_ACT=2,2,3  --
you will need to edit your C:\AUTOEXEC.BAT file and add that statement on a
separate line in the file and save the file.

6. Re-Boot the computer and TS should find the Security Block.

7. If this doesn't work, best to contact Omega Tech Support and they should
be able to find the problem.

Good Luck!