Revisitng De-Dongling, Hacking, and Customizing TS4

I'm gonna broach a topic again which might spark some debate but I've brought it
up elsewhere before and I've gotten some insight, but I figure I'll get more "real
info" from this mailing list than anywhere else.

First off, I do not advocate evading copyright, or software piracy of any kind, I
am perfectly happy with Omega Research being paid in full for an excellent
product.

Nevertheless, I reserve the right to hack, tweak, and otherwise customise any
software that is legitimately mine any way I see fit.

Rather than "buy" a "dongle crack", I'd really rather prefer to spend my time &
money on a set of instructions of "how to" crack TS. I'm a pretty good hacker &
cracker once I had a "roadmap" how and where to go into TS4 and do the
hacking/cracking  myself. I even have all the software editing/hacking tools. That
way whenever a new build comes along
I wouldn't have any of these problems. Also there are some customizations I have
in mind as well whereby a such a "roadmap" of TS would be essential

I actually had an e-mail msg. from someone (who has since totally disappeared!)
who claimed to have personally cracked TS and customized it in all sorts of
wonderful different ways.

The reason I really want to de-dongle is 'cause of intermittent i/o conflict
problems with my peripheral (scanner and printer) devices and connections with my
other pcs, and also when using TS on my laptop. When I'm on the road, I don't want
some stupid "dongle" dongling from my laptop.

As you all know In an attempt to control their products and prevent piracy some
software
writers use a technique of releasing their software with a security system that
incorporates a hardware "lock" that is supposed to fit on one of the external
ports (com1, com2, lpt1, lpt2, etc.) of a pc.

Often-times these hard-ware locks conflict wreak havoc with other previously
installed software, lan/wan systems, and other peripheral devices that
legitimately need to use those ports.

Sometimes the user already has another hardware lock previously installed for
another program application and that causes conflict with the new "dongle".

There are also severe problems with "dongles" on NT3.5 and NT4.

As a work-around, many users actually "legally" buy a dongle "crack" from three or
four "legit" vendors, and install the "crack" software on the system. The "crack"
somehow becomes a "virtual" dongle and fools TS4 into "thinking" that
the dongle is still attached to the system. The legit vendors require the proggie
serial number, the original invoice, the original dongle serial number, and
password before they will send you the "crack" code.

Of course there are less legit ways to acquire a dongle "crack", as daily postings
on m.i.f. will confirm.

My concern about the "pirates and "crackers" version of the "dongle cracker" is
whether their cracks worked, and whether it did any harm to the integrity of the
proggie.

I am also concerned on the method of de-dongling and cracking....Some cracks are
better than others. Some cracks won't work if you upgrade! Some do cracks allow
for
upgrades.

Besides any other ethical, moral, spiritual, or legal reservation I might haves,
my concern is that I am risking major money on what TS4 tells me every day.

Can I afford to risk "hacking" and "cracking" TS4's "internals"? This isn't like
"cracking Photoshop!

I would like to hear from anyone who has actually cracked and hacked TS4 on their
own or has tried these TS4 Dongle cracks. Do they work? Did it mess up TS4? Did
TS4 perform differently? How much did it cost? Where could it be acquired
legitimately?

Your privacy and confidentiality will be respected!

TIA