Re: Free Historical Stock Data?

  • To: ati@xxxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: Free Historical Stock Data?
  • From: srqblue@xxxxxxxx (Frederick H.)
  • Date: Mon, 30 Mar 1998 16:02:11 -0800

>Alan_Schnelwar@xxxxxxx wrote:
>>
>>      You could subscribe to our Dial/Data service, but it is not free.
>>
>>      Alan

Alan, If you follow this list you must know that if a vendor spams it
then "the other side" will be brought up if there is one.  I use
Dail/Data EOD and don't have any problem with it---except....I take
the viewpoint that there is NO technical support for it.  This weekend
I was at a OptionStation 101 seminar in Fort Lauderdale and of course
the subject came up about which data vendors to use.  I mentioned my
solution (just take the position there is no support) and four others
chimed in about how rude Dial/Data tech support had been to them.  Not
just unhelpful but RUDE.  Of course the others wanted to know why then
did we remain customers.  The answer:  Because it works seamlessly
with the Omega data CD equity updates--no other reason, like price,
accuracy, or excellent support.  I would agree that this is not a
valid poll, but it is all we know about.

Fred