Re: More NY Market Thievery...

Brian,
The good reason I have used a Ginzy is for executing a bond spread. If it
is quoted 10/32nds bid and 11/32nds offered the implied yield spread of
that 1/32nd can be 30 basis points on an arbitrage.  If I want to do it at
10 1/2  and you want to take the other side at 10 1/2  we need to do half
at one price and half at another(a Ginzy). It's effectively allows trades
between the official bid and offer. Obviously, some exchanges have  halved
tick values to accommodate.

Jim