Re: Moving Tradestation?

Al:

Simple "brute-force total "move" onto a virgin hard-drive:

If you're a hardware "techie" and aren't afraid to get your
shirtsleeves dirty, simply take the old hard drive and lash it to
the new hard drive with idee cable, make sure the cmos recognizes
both the new & old hard drive, then either using xcopy,
drivecopy, drive-image, copy across The whole Drive image from
the old drive to the new drive. takes about ten-fifteen minutes.

If you have a Tape Backup system, backup your complete "old"
system, and then "restore" it onto the "new" pc. That takes
longer but works fine also.

Now for more complicated moves if you don't want to disturb whats
on the "new" machine.

Moving proggies around in Win311 is tough enough, but moving them
around in Win95 is a bitch, there's a thing in Win95 called the
registry, that's a real beastie to mess with, and ANY proggie
move requires writing to the registry...not an easy task for a
newbie....

Programs Like CleanSweep, Uninstaller, and Norton Uninstaller
have a proggie mover/archive/backup function that does it all.
They all cost from $50-$150 and are definitely worth it.

I'd then get either a good a 1/2 Gig Zip/E-Z Drive or a Tape
backup system. The Zip Drives have always been cheap under
$300.00 and work real good. Tape Back-up Drives used to be
outrageously priced but you can now get really decent 2-4 Gig
Tape Backup Systems for under $500.00. I 'm a snob, so I had to
have the deluxe HP SureStore DAT at $1,000.00, but frankly I see
no functional diff with the cheaper Tape Back-up drives.

Then copy the archived TS4 onto the "new" machine with either the
tape or zip and then using CleanSweep, Uninstaller, or Norton
Uninstaller restore it to your system this of course only works
with a Wim31 to Win31 or a Win95 to Win95 transfer.

BTW uinless you got the weird TS4 DeDongler "crack", you're gonna
have to move the dongle to the "new" machine. If you got the the
DeDongler Crack you're gonna have to mack sure you moved the
DeDongler Crack Files with TS4 or else TS4 will start demanding
passwords and dongles and won't load....

Voila...

Hope I helped you!

Let me know how it worked out!