Re: Networking

Ron:

Thanks for the reply. Am I wrong in assuming that the server wouldn't run
without the Dongle.  In other words, if I split my BMI feed I would need a
separate Dongle or safesoft (the illegal and un-speakable thing that
probably won't work with 5.0).  In this case if I lost my hub p.c. I
wouldn't have access to any data that wasn't backed up.

Thanks again,

Stewart

If all you're concerned about is getting a back-up machine running quickly,
you could have it up and running as soon as you could physically swap the
Dongle from one machine to the other and start TS --or-- have the Dongle on
a A-B Switch box that would do the same thing --or-- buy a 2nd TS/Dongle
combo from Omega at reduced rate --or-- do the illegal and un-speakable thing.

Re: distribution paths for downloads-- routing to any network drive could
easily be accomplished by a DOS .BAT file after the initial download is
complete, but not simultaneously.

Stewart Taylor
Taylor Consulting Inc.
<staylor@xxxxxxx>