RE: ASCII to Metastock Conversion

Lloyd,

I believe Equis has a Metastock API that you can buy for $99.  It should
support not only the old format but also the new one.  I would ask to make
sure though.  Also verify that the DDE or API is compatible with your
version of VB.  You might have to upgrade to VB5.  FYI: VB6 is already in
beta.

Here's the message I was sent from Equis about this.

Good Luck,
Brian.

Jeff Gibby, one of our sales representatives, notified me that you are
interested in our MetaStock File Library.  Below is a brief description and
pricing.
The MetaStock File Library provides developers with the tools necessary to
integrate their applications with MetaStock data files.  This library is
intended for use by experienced programmers familiar with security price
data.
The primary function and one of the major benefits of the MetaStock File
Library is to provide a standard API that will remain constant as the
underlying data format is changed to provide increased functionality and
performance.  By using the MetaStock File Library, your application will
continue to support new MetaStock files with minimal programming changes.
The MetaStock File Library also removes many of the complexities of
accessing MetaStock data files from your program through a set of
easy-to-use functions (copy, split, delete, etc.).  As a result, your
development time will be shorter - especially as the MetaStock file format
changes.
Also provided with the MetaStock File Library is multi-user and networking
support. This allows multiple applications and network users to access the
same data without the worry of corrupting the MetaStock data files. Comes
with full documentation, and limited Internet technical support is
available at msfl@xxxxxxxxxx
---------------------------
Version 6.5
Operating Systems:  Windows 95 Windows NT 3.51 or later
Form:  32-bit Windows DLL
Development environments:  Borland C++ 4.5 or higher Delphi 2.0 or higher,
Visual Basic 5.0 Visual C++ 4.1 or higher, other environments supporting
Windows DLLs.
Securities per folder:  2,000
Max security name:  45 bytes
UNC support:  Yes
---------------------------------
Read only versions allow you to read MetaStock price data and securities.
Read and write versions allow you to create new MetaStock directories;
read, write, add, delete, modify, adjust, merge, and sort MetaStock price
data; read, modify, add, delete, copy, and sort MetaStock securities.
----------------------------------
Here are the prices:
1.	MSFL (read only access to data files):  $99 For private or commercial
use.
2.	MSFL/W (read and write access):  $199
Only for private or internal use.  Requires signing a license agreement and
is subject to approval.  The agreement limits the user of MSFL/W to private
or internal use.  It may not be used with products which the licensee will
distribute nor may it be used to create data in MetaStock Format which will
be distributed.
3.	MSFL/W - Commercial (read and write access):  $599 For use with products
intended for resale.  Requires filling out an application and submitting it
for approval.  Upon approval, a commercial license agreement must be
signed.

If you are interested in number 1, simply call 801-265-8886 to order.
If you are interested in number 2, I'll need your fax number or mailing
address depending on how you'd like me to send you the order form and
agreement.
For number 3, complete the attached MSFL/W Commercial Application and
return it.

Best regards,

Dave Johnson
Alliances Director