Re: ELA Transfers & Backup

CAB wrote:

:Are there any practical limitations on how many functions/ indicators
:can be packaged into one ELA?

I don't know the answer to your question but I frequently make a backup of all my indicators, systems, paint bars by creating individual date coded ela files. For example all indicators -- aproximately 200 -- are transferred to a file called IND80316.ela , systems into SYS80316.ela  etc. This has several advantages:

1. It takes very little space
2. It is quick and easy
3. All needed user functions are transferred with the indicators, systems, etc.
4. It can easily be stored on a single floppy disk
5. All files are dated via the date code for sequential reference

I hope you find this little trick useful. Sorry I don't know the numerical limit to doing this -- perhaps Omega can answer that question.

Best regards,
  Karl