Re: Building a Model

I have operated in kind of a vacuum for the last 4 years or so.  I don't know
many people who work with systems - and - of those few I speak with regularly -
most don't use SC or TS.  So I've found the best thing to do when I'm working
with a new program (any new program - not only a trading program) - is go
through every possible option in the program menus - see what they do.  When I
first got SC - I experimented with it - endlessly - trying this, that or the
other thing.  Most of that experimentation wound up in the trash - but I did
learn about everything the program could do.  It's a good exercise IMO -
particularly if you're a trader whose living depends on making money with a
program.

BTW - "sophisticated" is kind of irrelevant IMO.  What's important is - "what
are most of the other traders in your market looking at".  I use a 4/12 tic PF
chart for shorter term EOD bond trend work.  Why?  Because that's what a lot of
short term bond traders look at.  I'm sure that if I were trading oil, copper
or cotton - I'd be looking at those markets with entirely different tools.
Robyn