Re: [Fwd: Trading Programs & the law]

From: David Fenstemaker <dfens@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>

>>Jeez, some of you guys are nuts..[snip] as someone who programs for a living,
I expect to get paid the same as anyone else who works for a living what ever
they do. People who sell bad software will get the same as people who sell bad
anything. No business. Third, I don't mind knowing a lawyer who can help
developers. Like it or not, you have to protect yourself. I appreciate the
lawyer post, as I need some advice on some development I have been doing.
<<

Thanks, David, for some words of sanity.

From: <planeacres@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>>Ethics (the foundation upon which the system of enforcement is based; called
Law) has parted ways a long time ago. Now the criminal has far more protection
afforded him by "The Law" than does the "law abiding" individual.<<

Yes, criminals do take advantage of the law.  For example, claiming bankruptcy
right after scamming millions can be turned into a lifestyle.  It's disgusting.
 However, "law abiding" individuals have the right to seek legal protection
too.  My advice was for them.

From: <rharmo1@xxxxxxx>
>>... butt out and mind your own business.<<

Offering information of the type posted was honest and non-accusatory.  If you
find it irrelevant, then ignore it.  Others may find it relevant.  If we all
were to mind our own business, there would be no forum at all.

- Mark Jurik