Trading Programs & the law

We may all agree that useless trading systems are a ripoff, and exposing any
inter-vendor theft of intellectual property is a good thing.  Count me in.

However, many have expressed concerns regarding all the code posted recently.
I don't know how much of the code being posted is copyright protected.  Maybe
none.  And so I make no allegations.

Was it relevant for me to post here?  Yes.  Why?

1) This is a good forum on trading issues, it ought to continue.  However, as
with all forums, there are legal limitations.  Forums that serve as a source of
copyright infringement risk getting shut down.  I see no point in exposing the
forum to that kind of risk.

2)  There was no harm in my post. If you found it irrelevant, then ignore it.
But if someone finds it to be very relevant, then it has served its purpose.

- Mark Jurik