Re: Tradestation 4.0 & Signal cable box For Sale (read this reply at your own risk!)

JMB wrote:

> TO ALL:
>
> Here's my 2 cents.......
>
> 1)   Beleive it!!   Omega Research is the most agrogant software
> company out there!   This is nothing new... this has been an issue for
> quite some time!   Do a little research on the open news-groups
> through Deja-News, and you would have easily dicovered the "Gestapo"
> type tactics of Omega Research long ago.....
>
> 2)   I personally purchased their TS 4.0 / OS 1.2 package last year!
> AS SOON as I found out about this "POLICY", I IMMEDIATELY RETURNED
> IT...  So glad I still had 1 week left on that 30-day thing!!
>
> SO, MR. CRUZ / OMEGA RESEARCH, YOU CAN CHALK THAT ONE UP AS A LOST
> SALE DUE TO YOUR ARROGANCE....  Unfortunately I couldn't send my
> SuperCharts back, or else I would have!
>
> Not that I think Omega is any great software company or anything,
> because for sure it isn't.... I think we all know that!  But, I would
> have bought it only because it was, the key word here is WAS, a
> "standard".....  I truly believe that just like IOMEGA & NETSCAPE,
> Omega research will find a way to "Fu__ things up" and piss away there
> dominance & market share!
>
> AND PERSONALLY, I CAN WAIT TO SEE IT HAPPEN!!
>
> Let's face it, this "WOW" thing may turn out OK.... maybe even
> acceptable!   NOT to worry though.... with the "out of control
> equities & futures markets", not to mention the internet, online
> trading, and the information age in general... there will be more
> contenders...  I think a lot more!    The only problem, it may be a
> couple of years!
>
> SO, quite frankly.... I wouldn't worry about that Y2K thing with
> Omega's software....  They're not going to be around that long!
>
> 3)   Of ALL the CRAP I find out about Omega Research, I wouldn't be
> surprised, if this is an intentional way of making their stock take a
> nose dive, simply so they can buy it all back for pennies on the
> dollar!!    Think about it.... I wouldn't put it past them!
>
> ALSO....  We all know they made more in the sale of their STOCK, than
> they ever would have in selling their CRAPPY software!
>
> Sorry Omega... It's true... by programming standards... IT'S CRAP!!
> Oh ya.... sorry, I'm not a solution provider or anything else to you,
> so you can't bully me around like you did with so many of these other
> guys!
>
> 4)   Oh ya....  While I'm at it,  If we, as list-members, are going to
> pursue worthless wastes of time such as this THREAD is now, and so may
> others I have to pass over.....  DON'T RE-COPY THE WHOLE DAMN MESSAGE
> OVER AND OVER AGAIN..... THANK YOU..... I FOR ONE WILL APPRECIATE IT!
> As will so many others.....
>
> To all those concerned.... the above comments are obviously my own
> opinion, however I don't think I'm the only one who shares it!!
>
> Enough said!
> JMB
No JMB, you are not the only one that feels this way.  I was planning
on purchasing TS when version 5 was released.  I have however changed
my mind also.  I will wait for another software program to fill the
bill.  I find it hard to believe a Software Company will not only "NOT"
support its customers, but try to sue them for selling something they
no longer use or need.  That is truley Sorry.
 Randy