Re: Before you purchase a Dell PC

At 10:41 am 1/27/98 PST, you wrote:

>Dell does not manufacture floppies, they put together
>systems - we pay them to do that.
>
>Maybe I don't have the expertise to fix it myself, maybe I don't have
>the time,
>
>maybe I do have the expertise but I don't want to jeopardize some
>service contract by pulling the system apart myself.
>
>Maybe there is no local computer store for me to go to and spend more of my
money >becuase Dell didn't do the job right that I already paid for.

Yeah, I guess I see your point -- and, Maybe the Sun comes up in the West
tomorrow and we're all in deep doo-doo!!!  :-)

I recently saw a statistic that most PCs are built from eleven basic
commodity-type components that require 4 minutes to assemble -- maybe days
are numbered for Dell, Compaq, Gateway, etc. -- but you wouldn't know it
from their Stock prices

(except Compaq maybe :-)