Question for stock traders re: up/downgrades

Dave Wrote:

I am wondering if there are any short term stock traders on this list,
and if they can answer a question for me.  Say an upgrade/downgrade is
announced after the bell by a major brokerage or good/bad earnings
reports are released.  Exactly how quickly is this news reflected in the
stocks price in after hours trading.  I know that if you wait until the
morning, the gap opening often erases any profits you might make from
day trading the stock.  But if you can place an order on insta-net right
after the announcement, is this going to be any better?  Or are the
after hours markets as efficient as the day session markets?
    Sorry Dave but the professionals act on this news in 10 to 90 seconds
they can run up or run down the stock so that by the A.M. most of the news
is discounted. You can get on instinet or the watcher/island system and play
their game. Got a stop watch.

                                                                       Good
Trading,
                                                                        -=-j