Re: DTN

As a BMI user, I'd like nothing better than Omega to allow more
competition as far as compatible data providers are concerned.  The
speed of the feed, even on satellite, leaves much to be desired, and I'm
thankful that I don't have to use them for quotes - I've got S+P
Comstock in my execution program, and it's consistently noticeably
better.  The only good thing I can say about BMI is that their
reliability (at least for me) has been great.  On the other hand, bad
ticks are running rampant, and *something* killed all my data recently,
which is a real pain.

I've never used DTN, but if it's faster, and cheaper as well (hell, I'll
take the $1800 a year!), then it would be the least that Omega could do,
in the interest of present and future customers, to make a better
attempt at getting them on board.  I can't imagine why these two
companies can't get together on this, since one would think that it
would be in both their interests, increasing both their customer base.
DTN should be particularly motivated here, since they are currently shut
out with respect to Omega users, which comprise a fair bit of the
market.

Competition is not only great, it is essential to getting good products
or services at a fair price.  A little more here certainly would be
nice.

Regards,
A.J.