Re: OMEGA bashing

BelAirCap@xxxxxxx wrote:

> It is my personal experience
> that people who nickel and dime the market through daytrades never make as
> much as those who collect the ENTIRE move.

The entire move, though, may be even *down*, and you can still make a lot of money
on the long side.  This is especially true with the more volatile stocks.   As far
as "collecting the entire move," in almost all cases we're only talking a modest
increase in value.  In a good year, the average stock will only increase by 20% or
so.  Nothing much to get exited about here.  It has most likely bounced around
quite a bit during this period, and it doesn't take a genius to figure out how to
profit from these moves.

> They do, however, make their
> brokers extremely happy and wealthy.

I'd hope that anyone trading this way is making quite a bit *more* net than their
commissions.  Therefore, if their brokers are being made happy and wealthy, the
trader is as well.

> Also, the only way to collect on those huge gap openings is to be
> in the market overnight.

It's the only way to get hammered on these gaps as well.  Losing five figures on a
trade instead of my usual three is not my cup of tea.  Personally, this represents
an unacceptable risk, and I know some traders who are giving second thoughts to
overnight holding after suffering some huge losses lately.

Regards,
A.J.