Re: Omega and data

Regarding my suggestion last week of forming a "co-op" to collect data
on a symbol-by-symbol basis instead of the day-by-day data from Omega:

I received several responses from people saying they would find this
very valuable.  It seems like a sensible thing for us to do with our
data -- pool it so we can ensure its integrity, and also to make it
available in a more usable form.

The only question is, how and where?  The biggest stumbling block is
finding someplace to store it.  Does anyone have an FTP site they'd
be willing to contribute?  It wouldn't have to be anonymous FTP --
we could create a login ID for the list members to keep hackers from
using the FTP site as a drop site, etc.

Once we have an FTP site, it would be a simple matter to design a
sensible directory hierarchy and open it up for contributions.

Any takers?
Gary