Omega and data

Sorry to dredge up a week-old discussion, but I'm running behind
in reading my omega-list mail...

Anyway:  even with the occasional glitches and holes, Omega's download
service is very valuable -- for filling in an occasional day's hole in
your data.

But I often find I want to start looking at a symbol I haven't tracked
before, or that I don't trust the data I have over a long period,
and I'd really like to load up that ONE SYMBOL for a long period of time.
E.g. it would be nice to go somewhere and download the entire history
for DSP9Z, or the December history for INTC, or whatever.  You could
do this by downloading Omega's data, but that requires downloading
ALL symbols day-by-day -- and that's 200-300kb per DAY, for one day
of DSP9Z or whatever.  Not a very efficient solution.

Surely SOMEone somewhere must make symbol-by-symbol data available!
If not, maybe we should form a co-op for combining our data to fill in
any holes, and post it in some central site.  I know I'd find that
useful.

Does this already exist somewhere?
Gary