Re: SuperCharts V.2.x

1. Saturday trading prior to 1952 is of no interest to me so I can't
comment.

2. The data for the Dow Jones Industrials back to 1900 was gleaned from the
Equis website. I store this file in Metastock format and SuperCharts can
take all 27,000 lines of data and display the whole file as a monthly Bar
Chart, except for year '00'.

Can Metastock do this? I think not

I purchased Metastock v.5.11 in April 1996 having used SuperCharts since
'94. My first impression was that it just wasn't as easy to use as SC. Lots
of small, seemingly insignificant, things like:
1. The Chart Setup Screen.
2. Customizable Easy Icons.
3. Configurable Chart Tools; i.e. Retracement tool.
4. Inability to alter the position of individual graphs on the desktop.
5. Will not read ASCII data directly.
6. Fewer configurable options.
7. Unable to chart intraday data.

I guess you will be wondering why I didn't use the 30 day Money Back
Guarantee?

Well, I bought the package to use with an EOD data provider here in the UK.
I have used the downloader every day since to generate my database of UK
Equities. Occasionally I have another go with Metastock but I just can't get
excited about it.

Have I had value for money?

I paid what I had to pay to get the capability to do what I believed I had
to do at the time. I shall be disappointed if I have to pay a lot more to be
Y2K compatible. I have a choice; either accept the Equis solution (when it
arrives); or bin the software and look for something else.