Re: Letter to B. Cruz on bad tick editing

Mark Seleznov wrote:

> Although I am a Omega Solution Provider, I really need to come to the
> defense of Omega on all this data bashing.
>
> There are errors in everyone's data.

I do not believe that there was any intent to bash Omega for bad
ticks that come across the wire, at least not originally on the
part of early posters to this thread, myself included.

The only intent was and remains (I believe) to get Omega to solve
two problems, and to do it sooner rather than later, by providing:
  1. ability to edit a random bad tick on a day when a stock
     trades more than 33,000 ticks, and
  2. ability to automate the correction of a full day's set of
     tick data when the "first tick/out-of-session tick/60 ticks
     phenomenon" occurs.

Nothing more, nothing less.  Clearly Omega has no responsibility
for bad ticks, however bad, whenever they arrive.  As the vendor
of a real-time application which relies on an electronic signal,
Omega does have a responsibility to provide reasonably efficient
methods to correct or otherwise deal with the inevitable data
errors.

Rod
--

J. Rodney Grisham, Ph.D.         ____  __   __
Technix Systems, Inc.             /   /_   /    /__/  /\ /  / \/