Re: Letter to B. Cruz on bad tick editing

I'm not a lawyer, so I don't pretend to know the answer. There might not
be one until such time as a case actually was litigated.

My feeling is, I may know about the problem (in some esoteric sense) but
not think it's going to affect me. Then, in the middle of a large
intraday position, "I go blind." All of this while using a product that
the publisher maintains is suitable for the task and has collected $2000
for. The presumed liability might be worsened if it were shown that the
manufacturer knew about the problem but didn't fix it.

Regardless of what disclaimers there are on shrink-wrapped packages,
these is an implied warranty of fitness when such products are targeted
for and sold into markets.

If I were an insurer providing liability coverage for such a firm, I
don't think I'd be happy about that.

Allan