Old SC, old complaint...

Dans un courrier daté du 13/01/98 16:27:10  , vous avez écrit :

<<
 I can only assume from your message that you're not totally familiar with the
 older versions of SuperCharts.  I bought my version - 2.1(f or g?) - directly
from
 Omega - and have never added any third party programs to it.  When I've
looked at
 various parts of the program files - they're labeled "Trade Station".
Starting
 with version 3 of SuperCharts - various EL programming capabilities were
removed.

You can't assume this.
I also bought SC at this time and never saw programming capabilities like in
TS (excepted that there was some tricks to make the Quick Editor limitations
less disturbing).
The lack of Power Editor was here since the very begining.
Early versions of SC shared some files and help on line features, if I
remember (SC is in my dustbin now, and I believe that it has been emptied
now).
This is normal, as SC has been made by downgrading the current TS version
under development.

The limitations that exists now are easy to explain as Omega was not smart
enough at this time to forecast  that some users were able to use it closer to
TS that they first expected.
Same applied with the so called password EL protection that has been cracked
several times.
However, they did not make this feature available only to be cracked...

And again, this was not of the interst of Omega to have a competitor to TS in
their own software list (or I do not understand anything to the business, but
this is possible).
So, the SC crippled version is the price to pay to maintain TS sales, an
therefore the wealth of the company.

Sincerely,

Pierre Orphelin