Re: First tick/out-of-session tick/60 ticks phenomenon

IUhrik <IUhrik@xxxxxxx> writes:
>The recent ITNC incident demonstrated that Omega techsupport
>is not equipped to handle the damage set off by a single first or
>out-of-session bad tick. With no reasonable way of restoring
>corrupted data, Omega users should be concerned about the
>possibility that even a small problem with a datafeed could affect
>many symbols for several days and, in effect, render their
>intraday data useless.
>
>Under the circumstances, it would be plain silly not to demand
>from Omega a simple utility that would only repair what Omega's
>software has previously mangled. If Omega's managers were
>smart, they would be grateful for the prodding received from
>Rodney Grisham and me to make TS a functional product. The
>same goes for some members of this list.

This might be a good opportunity for a "Solution Provider" to
offer an improved bad-tick corrector.  The job should be rather
trivial, actually, so presumably it could be offered at a
reasonable cost.  I trust Omega would have no objection to
a third party "helping out" like this...

Good luck to us all,

Jim