Re: Omega and Data - correction

<< In a message dated 98-01-08 16:35:17 EST, you write to Rod Grisham:

 << I haven't found it a tedius process.  It simply is necessary to correct
the
  intial bad tick and then reload affected charts.

  It only becomes a big problem if someone who doesn't know what to do tries
  to edit the wrong prices that follow instead of correcting the intial bad
  value.  That can create a terrible mess.  Omega doesn't need a special
  routine to fix the problem, they only need simple instructions.

    -Bob Brickey
     Scientific Approaches
     sci@xxxxxxxxxx

 I gather your comments are directed at Omega technicians.
 After all, it was they who deleted the INTC data from the January 5
 Nasdaq tick file, claiming -- quoting from their ftp site -- that "the
 entires day's  data for INTC is bad."

 Imagine, eight years in business, and they still do not know how to
 remove a bad tick... That'll teach them, and us, too.

 Or, you got it wrong. Next time, before you switch into a
 pompous mode, please check the facts first -- in this
 case, the actual original INTC Jan 5 intraday tick file. It can not be
 corrected by simply correcting the first bad tick and reloading. Ask
 Rod. He tried it before he sent me the file for correction.

 IU

Please note that in the previous message I inadvertently typed a
wrong date for the INTC intraday file. It should be Jan 5, not Jan 4.
Sorry for the error.